History of Universal College of Reflexology
- Since moving to Canada in 1991 from London, England, Lauren Slade has played a significant part in raising the standards, knowledge and level of education in Reflexology across Canada.
- Forming The Helios Centre, Lauren taught Reflexology from the European perspective and managed a busy private practice as well as finding the time to be a national and international speaker.
- In 1994, Lauren was elected Director of the Reflexology Association of Canada (RAC). Throughout her three year term she served as Education Director, Advertising, Marketing and Sales Director and in her last year was honoured to hold the office of President.
- As Education Director, Lauren was instrumental in bringing Ear and Hand Reflexology to Canada.
- Using her wealth of Reflexology knowledge and experience, Lauren assisted in writing two text book manuals one for Hand Reflexology, one for Ear Reflexology for the Reflexology Association of Canada. She was also responsible for educating established RAC teachers of Foot Reflexology working from coast to coast in Canada, in the art of Hand and Ear Reflexology.
- After completing her three year term, Lauren decided not to run for re-election with RAC, preferring to concentrate on her clinical practice and being an Educator of Reflexology in the private sector.
- The Universal College of Reflexology (original name – The Helios Centre) was re-organized and encouraged by great supporters continued to grow from strength to strength.
- Originally designed to teach Post Graduate programs only, UCR received a huge demand for under-graduate training and is now delighted to offer Certificated Reflexology education for a variety of levels Professional Foot Reflexology Practitioner to Reflexology for Family and Friends.
The Universal College of Reflexology is continuing to expand with confidence and enthusiasm with its growing family of UCR students and graduates spread out over every Canadian Province and Territory and in 39 of the States in the USA, as well as in 36 countries and six continents around the world.
The Universal College of Reflexology is a real success story. We invite you to join us and be part of our success!